This is a completely guilt-free delicious dessert. Even my mom liked it. No sugar. No additives. Just coconut milk, vanilla, and pineapple (I like to add a little nutmeg for Winter’s sake).
The morning before you make it or the night before place a can of coconut milk in the fridge. I always have one can in the fridge for such occasions.
- Slice and dice some fresh pineapple into bite-size chunks.
- Remove the cold can of coconut milk from the fridge. Be careful not to shake it.
- Open the can and carefully remove the top layer, the fat, if you will.
- Place it in a mixing bowl. Whip with a cap or two of vanilla.
- Once it meets your desired consistency. I usually just whip it for two minutes. I’ve never had mine raise the way cream does, but supposedly, coconut milk fat does.
- Place the pineapple in serving bowls, top with the coconut milk and a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon or both.
You can make this ahead of time and just place in the fridge until dessert.