This is the easiest, tastiest thing you could ever make. Seriously. It takes barely any effort and you make it in your rice cooker. This is budget-friendly, gluten-free, and delicious. You really couldn’t ask for anything more. I make this for Jeff when we have run out of groceries. We almost always have rice, cheese, and zucchini.
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 can vegetable broth (or chicken)
- 2 zucchini, sliced and halved
- 1 tsp dried basil (or fresh if you have it)
- 1 tsp dried parsley (ditto)
- 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese (plus more for the top)
Place rice and broth in the rice cooker with the halved zucchini, basil, and parsley. Add salt and pepper. Cook rice according to the rice cooker’s instructions.
When the rice is cooked, fluff with a fork, stir in shredded cheese. I like to add more on top and close the lid for a bit so that it melts. Add salt and pepper to taste.